“Ok, so how do I access my files?”
I hear this alot. When deciding on which provider to use to store and serve my images, I went with the company that had the best product. Hands down, their prints are superior to any others I’ve used….but downloading the images is not straightforward as I had hoped. So here’s what you do.
- Surf over to laurenpoussard.com and select “PROOFS + GALLERIES” in the upper left hand corner of the website. This will bring you to a different website.
- Select your image type (IE corporate headshots are under CORPORATE) – If you are unsure, select any menu item and use the search field in the upper right corner to enter your name, the results will take you directly to your folder.
- Images can take 3-10 days to be uploaded, depending on workload, how fast you ordered them for, and how much post-processing they need.
- Once you are in your folder, here’s what you do.
- If you ordered all of your images and paid for them up front, all you have to to is “shopping cart” the desired image(s), or the entire gallery, if that’s what you paid for, then go through the checkout process. If you prepaid the prices will be set to 0 and you will not be required to enter a credit card number. If you hadn’t paid ahead of time, it will charge you upon checkout.
- Once you “pay”, it will take you through to a link to download the files. You will also get a confirmation e-mail with the download link on it. Use the link to download your files locally and you’re done!
- The images are stored there forever so you will never have to worry about losing them (nor will I, it’s a great backup system!). Therefor you are under no time constraints to download your images.
- Yes, you can give the link to your images to your marketing department so they can access the files they need for your project.
- Yes, you are free to download and print elsewhere, although I highly recommend the printing and products from this site. The quality is far superior than any printing you will have done locally.
- Yes, the site not only has prints, but has amazing high-quality products like folded cards, albums, christmas ornaments, phone covers, canvases etc. I use the site for my own gifts, it’s very good!
- The watermark will not appear on the downloaded file – that is there to protect the images so that they are not stolen.