First of all, thank you so much for coming to the studio for your portraits! We truly love working with you and hope you had a great time at your session.
After the session, we get to work to proof and retouch your images. We will upload them to our image server and then email you a link that will be something like this:
Sadly, the site is not very intuitive – even the support people there I talk to do not like it! But I have over 50k images up there, so moving at this juncture is a herculean task. So, I’ve had to write this post in hopes of making things easier for you.
Here is how you use the site to select and download your images:
- Click on the link you’ve been given in your follow up email. The mobile version of the site is not terribly responsive, so you have to pinch alot to read the text, and you can’t hover over the images to make a selection. The phone is ok for an initial view, but please use a desktop when making selections.
- The first page you land on has some instructions and underneath will be a couple of folders. One will be called “Proofs” and one “Retouched”.
- Even before you’ve made your selections, we will have gone through the images to find some we like, retouch them, and upload them to the Retouched folder.
- You are under no obligation to use those specifically, sometimes we just do this to show you our retouching style, or demonstrate some special effects.
- Have a look in the Retouched folder. With any luck we will have selected the ones you like and you can simply download from there.
- Head over to the Proofs folder. That folder contains everything we took on the day and they are totally unedited. They are also lower resolution to save on server space. Sometimes, there are pieces of furniture or studio equipment in the way – have no fear – in the retouching process we fix all of those things, and can even completely change the background for you. In this folder you are looking for your best smile, pose, etc.
- When you find your favorites that you want retouched, use a desktop and hover over the image you want – a heart appears in the top corner – click it. This creates a list on the back end for me to work off of.
- Resist the urge to screen shot an image and send it to me – sometimes images are SO similar it’s hard to tell. We need the image number.
Image Downloading and Checkout:
- Please note, you can ONLY download from the Retouched folder. This is to prevent people from accidentally downloading and printing an unretouched photo. It’s happened! :/
- Select the image you want, it will become full screen.
- On the right are the options, which are customized to your shoot. Digital downloads, prints, or both…
- Make your selections which will be added to the cart.
- If your session has been prepaid the dollar value will be Zero.
- If you want prints – REVIEW CROPPING.
- Check out as one normally would.
- Digital Downloads will be sent to your email via a link, as well as appear in a screen following checkout.
How many can I have retouched?
It depends on the package. High School Seniors, select 10. Corporate headshots, the number you purchased in your package (2 is the most popular).
- We do not retouch images until the session is paid for.
- We do not retouch “just to see” what it will look like after. We use this method to save on time to save you money.
- You can of course order more images for retouching at any time!
How do I order Prints?
- Prints and all other photo products are “Self Serve” via the website. There are hundreds of cool photo products on there – they make great gifts!
If you are making prints:
- When you select an image for printing, it will automatically center the cropping as not all print sizes match the aspect ratio of the original shot – you must REVIEW the crop before checking out.
- LPP is not responsible for any print orders incorrectly placed.
Please direct all inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org or click to the contact form HERE, as we usually have our hands filled with gear during the day and can’t get to the phone.