Now is the perfect time of year to get out of the studio and take advantage of the wonderful natural backdrop we have here on the north shore of Boston.
Some great venues:
- Endicott Park, Danvers – this venue has almost everything, a variety of pretty old buildings, a lake, horses, an apple orchard. In one hour we can capture so many different scenes! (requires permit, $1 to park)
- Crane Beach – the boardwalks and beaches make a stunning backdrop in the late afternoon sun. Must pay to park, but shooting at the end of the day usually gets us discounted parking.
- The Swampwalk, Danvers – if you haven’t been to the Swampwalk, go in late afternoon, the lighting is perfect and it’s just such a neat place.
- Lynch Park, Beverly – formal gardens on the ocean? Need I say more?
- The graffiti wall near Beverly Depot – ok, probably not the most salubrious of venues, but the colorful wall in the afternoon sun is pretty cool.